lavished love

Marveling in the grace of a love so amazing. Nothing can separate even if I run away. His love NEVER fails.
1John 3:16

Selfishly I run, squandering the wealth and riches you have drowned me in for nothing but filth. Trekking across the sun-scorched sands, my feeble body buckles in the weight of my sin. For far too long I’ve battled the hankering of worldly riches that will surely pass; discouraged by shameful scars that were once left untamed. A picaroon of peculiar measure, shackled to my fleshly desires. Illusions of freedom flood my gaze. ‘Run away with me,’ whispers the hush sounds of the wind. Is this true, noble, pure? I’m coming home. Please, Father, listen to me plead my case. Incline your ear and hear my cry. Just as an infant weeps for the attention of his parents, I too, yearn to understand the depth your acceptance. I’m sorry. I’m sorry for turning my back on you, thinking I had it all in the bag. Thinking I knew what was best. Selfishness ran its course and caused nothing but immense sorrow on many accounts. I abused the freedoms given to me by your gift of grace, scattering seeds of due worth onto parched, dry land. No where else to go. No place left to hide. Naked I bow before you, unsure of my next move. Anywhere but here. Anywhere but where I once was. Restore the marrow of my soul. Scrape clean the crux of despair and renounce the evil intent within. No turning back. From this point forth, in you I remain. 
Sustainer. Redeemer. Abba Father.


Popular Posts