Home Sweet Home!


After five weeks of traveling back in the States, rekindling old friendships and building many new ones, it's great to be home. Calling Africa home is still more surreal than it seems. Growing up, I've always had a passion for this continent, but never understood the reason or severity of it. After visiting on my first mission trip back in 2008, my heart was stolen. Africa swept me off my feet and doused my heart with pure joy. The people, the culture, day to day life; everything about this place brings a smile to my face.


Needless to say, even though I will say it again and again, I am really excited for everything we get to be a part of this year. The Lord is going to do many incredible things this year! I just know it :) You and me, together, we will shake up this place for Jesus!




On our way home from church Sunday, we saw two of our preschool students from last year heading to church; Mbuso and Sibusisiwe. My face lit up as they ran and leapt into our arms, screaming "Teacha Katie! Teacha Micah!" What a moment of reconnecting. Sometimes it's so easy to be so overwhelmed with the great need there is, physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. But seeing them reminded me exactly why I am where I am; I am called to love. Just as Jesus loves me, he loves them. Let love make the difference!


Popular Posts